I'm gonna divide my skincare routine in two parts; Morning and Night Routine. *duh* hahaha anyway, Let's get into it. wooooosh!
Before you try out my skincare routine, I want you to know that my skincare may or may not work out with your skin. I have combination to oily skin, but sometimes I get dry and flakey because of the Salicylic acid I use. I also have dehydrated and acne prone skin. I used to get cystic acne, but Thank God I have't been getting any lately. I still get a pimple or two when I get my period. Meaning, I have hormonal acne. I think acne loves me too much to leave me alone. Anyway! If you think we have the same skin type and problems, this skin routine might actually help you.
Starting off with my Morning Routine *sounds weird but I don't know how to call it* I'm gonna number each and every step... because I want to.. haha!
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser. I use Pond's Acne Clear White. If it's not available in your country, too bad for you. I'm just kidding! haha! Here are some products I use whenever I ran out of Pond's. Garnier active fresh fruit energy, Acne.org's Cleanser. DON'T dry your face with a towel! Instead, Tap it dry with a soft facial tissue. Towel may still irritate your sensitive skin. Another tip! Never leave your skin air dry longer than 30 secs.
- This is new to my routine and I think this has been helping my dehydrated skin a lot! I have started using a Thermal Spring Water Spray for about a month now and I must say, I've never broken out since! Even with my period! Thermal Spray's calms, soothes and restores skin's natural balance, good for any skin types specially on sensitive skin.
What you do is, Spray a decent amount on your face while still damp from your previous wash. I'm currently using the La Roche Posay Thermal Spray but it's almost empty. I'm planning to try the Aveene one just 'cause I've read good reviews about it. Anyway, Let it soak in a little. You can pat it dry or leave it until everything is soaked up.
- On damp skin, Apply your favourite moisturiser, let it soak in or set. I loved the Nivea Anti-Spot Super Light Day Cream, but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere anymore here in Milan. Please message me if you know where I can get one!! Right now I'm finishing the last tube I have. Please recommend other products to me that your skin loved!
- If I'm somewhere important in other words, I need to be dolled up, I apply Primer. I use the Benefit Porefessional. I haven't tried other primers 'cause I don't use them that often.
- Foundation! I know some of you might ask "No SPF?". They always say SPF is a very important part of a skincare routine, but personally, I don't like wearing one. Basically because I hate it's tacky and sticky texture, it's reflection on photos and it's heavy feeling on the face. Luckily, There are foundations and BB creams with SPF in it! YAAY! I use different foundations depending on the current weather or season. Currently, I'm mixing Make Up For Ever's Velvet Mat with Sephora's 10hr wear Perfection Foundation. Wondering why? MUFE velvet mat is very mat and cakey looking while Sephora's 10hr is more of dewy finish, you mix two together.. and BAM! you get the perfect natural looking finish, not too mat and not too dewy.
I stopped using the Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation 'cause I think it's breaking me out and I don't like the coverage. I'm still looking for the perfect foundation and if you think you have one please let me know!
- I spray a thin layer of the Thermal Spray again. Let it dry.
- Apply powder and Bake your makeup. Not in the oven dear! If you don't know how to bake, you can skip this step and just apply powder like how you normally do or look it up on youtube!
- I finish the rest of my makeup
- Apply a Setting Spray and your done! Go out and Let them look at your fine face!
I currently use Urban Decay's De-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray. I'm kind of in a love-hate relationship with this one. I just think that it doesn't really make a change wether I apply it or not.
- Remove makeup with whatever makeup remover you have. I use the Garnier Clean Sensitive makeup remover, put some on a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face.
- I wash my face with my Pond's Acne Clear White then pat it dry with a tissue.
- I spray a Thermal Spray and let it soak for a little.
- I apply a mix of half water and half Apple Cider Vinegar on a cotton pad and pat it on my face.
- I put on my moisturiser on damp skin. I use the Olay Regenerist Night Cream and let it soak in a little.
- I then apply AHA+ from Acne.org or Biretix gel. These two are both glycolic gels that peels dead skin cells, basically removing hyperpigmentation or acne scars
- Last! I apply eye cream. I use the Sephora Age Defy Eye Cream. Gotta give them eyes some love!